Woot! I’ve been looking forward to writing this one. (Is it just me or do these challenges remind people of the ‘Slam books’ we used to fill out for our friends back in high school?) Anyway, by the end of this, it might seem I watch a LOT of television but trust me, I don’t. Also, I’m only sticking with shows that are currently being aired; So no Buffy or Lost or Charmed…
1. The Walking Dead: Zombies!! Do I even need to talk about how awesome this show is? I love how each of the characters in the show have developed along with the story. I went from completely despising Daryl (played by the uber sexy Norman Reedus) in season 1 to outright falling in love with him by the end of season 2.
2. The Big C: I admit, the only reason I started watching The Big C was because I found out that Laura Linney is in it. I am in love with her and everything she does. She’s just. so. perfect! Anyway, The Big C, as you might have already guessed by now, is about cancer. Laura plays the role of a mid-aged suburban wife called Cathy who’s diagnosed with terminal melanoma. The show basically follows her journey, and how she comes to terms with her illness, etc. Season 1 was brilliant! The next two were OK too and now I’m keenly waiting for the fourth – and sadly the last – season which will be aired in the month of April.
3. Game of Thrones: What can be said about this show that hasn’t been said before? I can’t wait for Season 3 – it airs next month.
4. Girls: Lena Dunham, I hate you for ruining my social life (not that I had much of a social life before). I remember the weekend I finally decided to give the show a shot and ended up staying awake ALL night to watch ALL the episodes. Unfortunately, I haven’t kept up with the second season – but that’ll change soon.
5. New Girl: It was just out of a whim that I downloaded the first episode of New Girl and needless to say, completely fell in love with the show, Zooey’s quirky character, Jess – and Nick! Umm.
6. Beauty and The Beast: Yes, yes, please go ahead and judge me. But both, my mom and I totally love the show. Kristin Kreuk is one fine lady! (I was a major Smallville addict as well, but mostly because of Michael Rosenbaum.)
Other honourable mentions: 666 Park Avenue, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family.
TV Shows I really should start watching but haven’t gotten around to yet: Boardwalk Empire, Sherlock, Elementary, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, Community, Six Feet Under, Suits and The Newsroom.