Water is undoubtedly my favourite element of nature. From the vast blue oceans to tiny hot tubs – if there’s water, I’m probably in it. It’s of little wonder why I’m so eager to check #75 off my list – and then add 10 more! Just to start off, I’ve picked out five different lakes I’d love to swim in:
1. Crummock Water, Lake District, United Kingdom: When I first visited the Lake District in 2008, I was blown away by it’s beauty. Ever since, I’ve wanted to go back and spend more time discovering the place. Crummock Water is not a ‘touristy’ site and that’s exactly how I prefer it.
2. Boya Lake, Boya Lake Provincial Park, Canada: Visiting British Columbia has been a dream ever since I read an article in Nat Geo a few years back. Hopefully, I’ll get to visit in the next couple of years.
3. Lake Öskjuvatn, Iceland: Milky white waters beckon! What more can I possibly ask for?
4. Dal Lake, Jammu & Kashmir, India: I can’t believe I still haven’t visited J&K. Actually, this isn’t the only lake in India I want to try out. There are others spread all over the country… Hmmm, India calling?
5. Lake Taupo, New Zealand: The pictures speak for themselves. Stunning volcanic landscapes, freshwater lakes – – bliss…