Today’s Daily Prompt:
Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
Right. I have no delusions about my existence. Right now my life’s pretty mundane and predictable. However, I’m sure I can dig up some odd bits about myself for our entertainment… (some odd, some not so much)
1. I live in Oman. Might not be unique to some, but when I go travelling it’s always fun to meet people who have never heard of Oman before. I always say, “Muscat (the capital city and where I live now), is a four hour drive from Dubai.” Yep, people have heard about our posh neighbours the UAE – but Oman has a charm of it’s own.
2. Some of my closest ‘friends’ are my ‘cousins’ (by association) – ages ranging from 14 to 19 – and I often go ‘partying’ with my parents and their friends. Yes, this is true. We have a very close-knit circle of friends and I’ve grown up around them… and sometimes I prefer hanging out with them over anything else.
3. I (like to think that I) have an eclectic taste in music. Have had the chance to watch artists/bands like: Incubus, Joshua Bell, Children of Bodom, Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, Angela Gheorghiu, Dimmu Borgir and Michel Legrand among many others.
4. I write letters which I’ll never post, to people whom I’ll never again meet… (usually deceased friends).
5. At 28, I have no clue what I’m doing.
6. I haven’t watched Sholay. Trust me, if you’re Indian – this is a BIG deal.