I’ve been a little lazy and not stuck to the challenge. But I guess that’s OK. I don’t want to push myself too much and just take it a day at a time.
So here we are, Day 10. Today’s topic says “Put your music player on shuffle and write the first ten songs that play.” Fun! I wish I could do more music based blog challenges. Scratch that, I will try and figure out a blogging challenge which revolves around music. Anyway, back to the topic. I will link each song to a YouTube video as well in case anyone’s interested…
1. Wolfmother – Mind’s Eye : This is a great sign. It used to be one of those I-want-to-listen-to-this-song-on-loop-forever kind of songs. Great stuff!
2. Dream Theater – Afterlife : Not one of my favourite DT songs, but still a great one.
3. Eleni Karaindrou – The Weeping Meadow : OST from the first film (titled The Weeping Meadow) of Theo Angelopoulos’ trilogy. A beautiful, emotionally vivid instrumental piece.
4. Blue Oyster Cult – Flaming Telepaths : A favourite by BOC. Check it out if you haven’t heard it before.
5. sHEAVY – Invasion of The Micronauts : General consensus is that sHeavy sounds very ‘Sabbathy’. At least the vocalist does. Check out Electric Sleep – my favourite track by the band – if you haven’t come across their music before. (Of course, only if you’re into Stoner rock or Doom metal.)
6. Jaco – Malaysia : Oooh, electronic music! It’s a pretty decent track.
7. Ruth Brown – Looking Back : I actually came across this song while watch My Blueberry Nights. I love Ruth’s voice… she’s divine!
8. The Hot Rats – Crystal Ship : I prefer the original by The Doors. Even Nevermore did an awesome cover. This is decent too.
9. Rich O’Toole – In a Minute or 2 : OK, I have no idea how this song is on my playlist. I have no recollection whatsoever.
10. Pink Floyd – Interstellar Overdrive : No list is complete without a Pink Floyd song. Haha! So there you have mine.
I’m glad no potentially embarrassing songs popped up. Like, say, if someone had a whole playlist of boy band songs. But of course, I’m not that person. So I didn’t need to worry about that. I mean, who listens to 98 Degrees or a1 anymore? Not me, that’s for sure!